Have you or a loved one been struggling with mental health or addiction? If so, you may have heard of something called partial hospitalization (PHP). But what is PHP? We’ll explore that question in depth and explain how PHP can help those struggling with mental health and addiction.
If you would like to learn more about our PHP program at Grace Counseling, please contact us today at 844.564.0712. We would be happy to answer any questions you may have about our PHP for adults and how we can help you or your loved one on the road to recovery. A brighter future is possible.
What Is PHP?
What is PHP? Partial hospitalization (PHP) is a type of mental health treatment that provides intensive care on an outpatient basis. PHP allows patients to receive the treatment they need while still being able to live at home and go to work or school.
PHP typically consists of group therapy, individual therapy, and psychiatric care. Patients in a PHP program will typically spend 5-7 hours per day, 3-5 days per week, in treatment.
Key aspects of PHP include the following:
- Intensive, structured treatment
- Focus on stabilizing symptoms and reducing the risk of relapse
- Patients live at home or in a sober living environment
- Can serve as a step-down from inpatient treatment or as an alternative to inpatient treatment
PHP can be a great option for those struggling with mental health or addiction because it allows them to receive intensive, structured treatment while still being able to maintain their daily responsibilities and commitments.
How PHP Helps Heal
PHP can be an extremely effective form of treatment for those struggling with mental health and addiction because it focuses on stabilizing symptoms and reducing the risk of relapse. In a PHP program, patients participate in group therapy and individual therapy and receive psychiatric
care. This combination allows for a well-rounded approach to healing and recovery.
In addition, PHP allows patients to live at home or in a sober living environment. This can provide a sense of familiarity and comfort, as well as the opportunity to practice skills learned in therapy in real-life situations. PHP can serve as a step-down from inpatient treatment or as an alternative to inpatient treatment. This means that PHP can provide intensive treatment for those who may not need or want the 24-hour supervised care that inpatient treatment offers.
Benefits of PHP
PHP has numerous benefits for those struggling with mental health and addiction. These include:
- The ability to receive intensive, structured treatment while still maintaining daily responsibilities and commitments. This can be beneficial for those who may not be able to take time off from work or school to go to an inpatient facility.
- Another benefit of PHP is that it can provide a more seamless transition from inpatient to outpatient care. This can make it easier for patients to stick with their treatment plan and avoid relapse.
- Yet another benefit of PHP is the focus on stabilization and reducing the risk of relapse. This can be crucial for those struggling with mental health and addiction as they work.
PHP can help people struggling with mental health issues, including depression, anxiety, bipolar disorder, and substance use disorder.
Discover The Benefits of PHP Near You at Grace Counseling
If you or a loved one is struggling with mental health or addiction, PHP may be a good option for treatment. We offer PHP at our outpatient mental health and substance use treatment program facilities in Fort Worth and Lewisville, Texas. If you would like to learn more about our treatment options, please contact us today by filling out our secure online form or by calling us at 844.564.0712.