There are many options for selecting the most sensible service for an individual’s stage in recovery. A partial hospitalization program (PHP) is a structured mental health treatment program where patients go to a treatment center several days each week but return home at the end of the day. It’s well-suited to those who have a mild addiction, who have already undergone previous recovery treatments, and those who cannot enter a residential program due to family or work-related obligations.
PHP for addiction recovery is a step down from inpatient or full-time residential treatment programs where patients are under 24/7 medical supervision in a hospital environment. There is evidence that PHP can, in certain circumstances, be used to avoid the need for a full-time inpatient program. If you have questions about whether or not a PHP is right for you or your loved one, we encourage you to reach out to a highly trained Grace Counseling representative at 844.564.0712 who can help discuss the most sensible treatment options based on your personal circumstances.
What Is Common in a PHP?
Several treatment methods are common in partial hospitalization programs. These often include some of the following therapeutic techniques:
- Individual therapy: Working one-on-one with a therapist provides patients with the opportunity to take a deep dive into their life circumstances and triggers that put them at high risk for substance abuse or relapse. During individual sessions, patients have the opportunity to develop a personal and personalized relationship with a medical professional who can help them learn life skills that promote setting positive goals and discuss their progress on the path to recovery.
- Behavioral therapy: Both cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT) and dialectical behavior therapy (DBT) are commonly used in addiction treatment. CBT therapy is used with patients to determine negative thought patterns that lead to unhealthy choices and behaviors like substance abuse. DBT helps patients learn to regulate their emotions and learn positive coping skills.
- Group therapy: In group work, patients have a chance to hear stories from others with similar or related life experiences. It’s an opportunity to learn that you are not alone and there are countless others in the world going through very similar life obstacles.
- Play therapy: Expression, art, and play therapy are therapeutic techniques used to encourage patients to find ways to access emotions that may be difficult to address or put into words.
Reasons to Consider Grace Counseling’s PHP
PHPs offer flexibility while delivering the care and skill-building clients need to heal from addiction or mental health issues. Our Partial Hospitalization Program (PHP) for adults offers various therapies addressing a wide range of substance use disorders.
Patients in our PHPs, in Fort Worth or Lewisville, spend eight hours a day, typically five days a week, with our expert staff. Our highly structured program aims to deliver the same care you would expect in residential or inpatient programs, the difference being that after each day’s session, patients return home. This gives patients flexibility and freedom to meet their family and work responsibilities while getting the help they need.
For many, being able to return to a comfortable and familiar environment like their home allows them to fully embrace treatment and therapy for their addiction. A PHP is a good option for those who have already gone through a residential program but feel they need continued structure to fully make the transition back to everyday sober living. Some patients who have had a more mild addiction may believe they do not need the full-time structure of residential treatment but can benefit from a certain amount of extra support that PHPs can provide.
Our partial hospitalization program for substance use disorder offers numerous other benefits, such as:
- Regular one-on-one sessions with a therapist
- Consistent group therapy
- Supportive alumni community
- Lower cost and more flexible to the practical needs of clients
At Grace Counseling, we understand the value of treating the whole person. Across all our addiction treatment programs, clients will be able to take advantage of mental health counseling as well as health and wellness treatment.
Reach Out to Grace Counseling Today
Grace Counseling is an outpatient treatment center that specializes in addressing addiction. Our facilities in Fort Worth and Lewisville serve individuals across the state of Texas. At Grace Counseling, our personalized programs focus on combining evidence-based treatments with more holistic approaches to promote long-term overall well-being. At Grace Counseling, we also know that each patient’s circumstance and history are unique. Keeping this in mind, we make it our top priority to tailor treatment programs to suit each patient’s needs.
If you or a loved one is struggling with addiction, we encourage you to reach out to Grace Counseling today at 844.564.0712 or contact us online to speak with one of our highly trained representatives who can assist you in learning more about what we can do for you